Experience is required, preferably in a fast-paced injection molding setting. Weekend rotation is required. Overtime opportunities are available.
A Lead Inspector actively participates as part of the quality team to ensure products meet customer expectations as well as any internal requirements by identifying and communicating issues for timely resolution, as well as measuring and documenting quality records.
- Accurately measures Quality Inspection Plan (QIP) dimensions using various metrology equipment and techniques to complete all required documentation.
- Performs visual inspection for molding defects per QIP and Visual Defect Guidelines.
- Effectively communicates quality issues to Process Technicians, Quality Supervisors, Engineering and Management (as necessary).
- Provides defect analysis and photographs to update & maintain Visual Defect Guidelines to communicate part defects.
- Initiates/Updates PNR (Product Nonconformance Report) and/or other containment actions as necessary.
- Participates in and/or supports problem solving groups and continual improvement activities.
- Maintains sample retain cabinets and files all corresponding Quality documentation.
- Performs dimensional studies as directed by Quality Engineer or Technician.
- Conducts Incoming Inspection & Testing, as well as Dock Audits, as directed.
- Assists in training Quality Department Floor Personnel.
- Performs rework operations
- Evaluates defects and determines product disposition (e.g. Engineering-Hold, Use-As-Is)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Clearly and effectively communicates in English (verbal and written) and communicates effectively with teammates
- Works well independently (self-motivated), as well as in a team environment
- Possesses a strong attention to detail, is capable of multi-tasking, and consistently meets deadlines
- Possesses strong math skills, problem solving, and independent judgment
- Reads and understands blueprints
- Is knowledgeable in QMS program and procedures
- Has experience or education in injection molding or plastics industry in a quality control function and has experience with OGP systems
- Displays proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and general computer skills
- Climate controlled manufacturing/production work environment
- ISO 9001 controlled quality and production processes
- ISO 7 & 8 Cleanroom environment (addition training required)