The Mold Maintenance Technician / Changeover position’s prime responsibility is to change over, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair plastic injection molds.
The successful candidate must be passionate about product quality, continual improvement and growth, and possess a track record of success. The candidate must also possess mechanical ability and a sense of accuracy in order to determine completeness prior to mold being used in the molding machine.
Inspect interior and exterior surfaces of molds to locate damage or wear
Upon completion of changeover or repair, tools must be mated on a surface plate and visually inspected under a microscope to assure correct assembly
- Document changeover and/or repair on last shot or product non-conformance report; file accordingly
- Reassemble molds after changing over or repairing
- Communicate effectively when steel shortages occur and/or tools are setup in less than full cavitation
- Communicate to Engineering when discrepancies in blueprints are found
- Recording and documentation must be accurate
- Inspect and detect visual defects
- Troubleshoot to determine root cause effect
- Perform changeovers or repairs by replacing tooling from spare inventory
- Experience in a fast-paced, tight-tolerance injection molding setting is desired.
- Ability to read and understand a print
- Discretion and independent judgment required
- High level general learning ability and numeric and spatial aptitudes
- Ability to attain precise limits, tolerances, and standards
- Ability to plan and work independently as well as work well in a team environment
- Ability and willingness to report to work during any shift, as required.