MICRO MOLD’S APPRENTICESHIP CONSISTS OF A 4 YEAR PROGRAM.
Before being accepted into an apprenticeship at Micro Mold, an applicant would first be required to successfully complete a pre-apprenticeship program in Plastikos’ tool room. This would be a 90 day probationary period he/she would have to successfully complete before being officially enrolled into the apprenticeship program.
Throughout the entirety of the program, AN APPRENTICE IS A PAID EMPLOYEE who aims to produce high-quality work while he/she develops the required skillset to become a certified Mold Maker. It offers a nationally-recognized certification to be issued at the completion of the program.
A Mold Maker Apprentice is mentored by other skilled workers. The mentorship aspect provides him/her with enhanced critical hands-on learning and industry-essential skills.
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to work with machinery and is mechanically inclined!
DEVELOP KNOWLEDGE & CAPABILITIES TO:
- Build and repair production molds, dies and machines to close tolerances
- Operate all tool room equipment safely and efficiently
- Set up and prepare new tooling and/or production molds to perform at specified standards
- Perform routine and preventative maintenance on tools, as scheduled
- Inspect all components to print tolerance
- Machine any component to print tolerances
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience using basic hand tools
- Must be a self-starter, motivated and willing to learn
- Great communication skills
- Basic computer skills/knowledge
- Able and willing to follow instructions and complete the required training/schooling for an experienced journeyman
- Previous schooling or related coursework, preferred
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed
- Climate controlled manufacturing/production work environment
- ISO 9001 controlled quality and production processes
- ISO 7 & 8 Cleanroom environment (additional training required)